Monday 10 March 2014

2nd model Running Matchine

I started off by getting a cube from the shape tool and making it into editable. I  scaled the cube to make it into a rectangle to make it the base of the treadmill. I went on the face selection tool and selected the outer faces as you can see on the picture I am selecting the faces. once I selected the face I then went on structure and extruded it. I rendered it to make sure it looked right.


After I did the extruding on the base of the treadmill,I grabbed the back four faces with he face tool and extruded them to 30 and scaled them to size, after that I use the Z axis to rotate it 50 degrees. I then did this for the other size as well to make them even. To get the middle bit I grabbed the faces with the face tool and extruded it up and used the z axis to give it the angle. I made it level with the two sides.
Firstly get a cube and make it fillet by going on attributes and clicking on it this smooths the edges of the cube. Then I scaled it down to size by making it editable I used the face tool for on of the side faces and clicked and extruded it to the size that goes with the treadmill.
After I did the handles I grabbed the face on top and extruded it 20cm and but an angle on it to make it look like a screen because this just as a square didn't look right.



To make the face of the screen I used another cube and put a fillet on it to give the cube smooth edges like a screen. I then had to scale it down and rotate it to give it that shape.To make the button for underneath the screen I used a cylinder and scaled it down dramatically so that they will fit under the screen.
This is my final piece of my running treadmill. I added some materials to make it come to life a bit. I used a dark grey matt for the structure of the treadmill. I got these from the content browser tool on the bar. I then used the same matt but turned it black for the belt, screen and buttons.



No comments:

Post a Comment