Thursday 13 March 2014

8th Model - Weight Storage

 Firstly how I went on the cube object and clicked on the cube, I then made the shape editable and scaled it down to size. X=39m,Y=1062.5m and Z=49m. I then rotated it  H= -270 degrees and B=90 degrees.

I then copied and pasted the shape which I just made and put two on the bottom and and two on the top. But I put the back bars up a bit higher so that they were on an angle.
I then had to do the sides to get the pieces together. How I did them was I went on the cube object and made it editable similar to how I did the first shape. I then  scaled it down to size with the angles X=39,Y=205.5 and Z=49m. I then rotated it so that H=-270 degrees and P=-60.5. I then copied and pasted the cube and placed them at the end of the cubes.

 I then had to do the back of the base, and the foot to hold it together. Do do a cube object and made it editable and scaled it down. X=20.5,Y=409 and Z=26m. And rotated the shape to H=-270, P=6 and B=180.

To do the foot I  did the same. I got a cube from the cube object and made it editable. I then scaled the shape  to X=39,Y=205.5 and Z=28. I then had to rotate the object so that P=90 degrees and B=-270 degrees. I then copied and pasted the two objects and put them both on the opposite side.



To make the weight was quite simple I started off with a cylinder from the object tool and scaled it down to size. X=108.5,Y=94.5 and Z=33m. I then had to do the side of the weights. I did this by using a freehand spline and clicking on the n-side. Then I had to make it into a 3D object so I clicked on the Hypernurb and went on extrude. I then went on materials and added more weights and colour to make it look more realistic.

This is what my final piece looks like. As you can see I have added more weights to make the shelf look fuller and changed the sizes of them also.

No comments:

Post a Comment