Monday 10 March 2014

3rd model - Water Cooler

Firstly I got a cylinder from the cube object tool, I then made the object editable, I then clicked on the scale tool to x=150, y=223,z=160. I then had to smoothen the top and bottom faces. I did this by going onto structure and clicking on edit spline and going on soft interpolation. To get the rings in the water cooler, I clicked on faces and clicked on the middle face, i then grabbed the knife tool which is in structure, and knifed two parts of the water cooler. I then did the same again underneath, then again at the bottom as you can see in the photo. After I did this I extruded the shape by going onto structure. I extruded it in to create the water cooler effect. To get the blue effect I went on materials and clicked on the blue plastic and lowered the reflection.



To get the base of the water cooler I had to get a cube from the object tool, and put 4 segments into the x axis and 4 for the Y axis. I then went on the polygon tool and clicked on the four faces in the middle on the front of the cube. I then went on the structure on the bar tool and went on extrude. I then extruded the faces in to make the inside of the water cooler for the taps. I then placed the water cooler which I did      . To make it come together.

How I did the taps were quite simple. I firstly got a cylinder from the cube object and added segments having 8 segments on the x axis and 3 on the y axis. I then scaled it down to x=16, y=31.5, z=22. I went on the polygon tool and selected the 2 faces at the bottom. I then went on structure and extruded the bottom 2 cm. I then copied and pasted the tap and went on the materials and went on red plastic and blue plastic and made the colour solid.

No comments:

Post a Comment