Monday 10 March 2014

4th Model - Rowing Machine

Firstly I started off with a cylinder which I got off the cube object. I then made the cylinder editable so that I could scale it down to the size I wanted it to be which was X=32, Y=149 and Z=32. To get the side bigger what I did was copied a pasted the cylinder and scaled it down to X=34.5 ,Y=13 and Z=34.5. I then copied a pasted this cylinder and placed them on either end of the first cylinder.


I then hid the cylinders. I went on side view and used the bezier tool which is on the freehand spline tool. I firstly roughly drawn out the shape which would look like a rowing machine. I used 4 points for this shape. After I did a rough drawing of the base of the rowing machine, I then got a circle from the freehand spline tool and placed it to were the curve is on the shape. I then put the snaps on for the points and moved the round the circle to make the round curve. I then deleted the circle and got a base shape like this.



I then went back to the perceptive and clicked onto the spline. I then went onto the hypernurb object and clicked on the extrude nurb. What the extrude nurb does is it makes the 2D shape what you made into a 3d object. After I extruded the shape I then scaled it to the size I wanted it X= 56.5, Y=314.5, and Z= 423. I then went on the side and made my cylinders re-appear and put them in the right position.  I then grouped them all together.





After I did the base of the  rowing machine, I then added a segment on the top. I then got the polygon tool and selected one of the faces in the middle on the top. Then I clicked on structure and  bevel extruded tool and extruded it slightly, then I beveled it again and angled it. To make the foot pedals I used a cube  and fillet it to make it smooth and used segments X=3,Y=1 and Z=3.I then made the shape editable and scaled it down to size; X=37, Y=80 and Z=49. And rotated it sightly P=-25. To get the strap for the foot, I went on the polygon tool and clicked on the two end faces in the middle. I then went on structure and extruded the two faces together 3 cm. I clicked on the tops of the extrude faces and went on structure and clicked on bridge. I then went on materials and clicked on a black matt and copied and pasted the foot pedal to make another one for the other side.
To make the seat I went on the right side view and clicked on the freehand spline and clicked on bezier. Making the shape was quite tricky to do. When I was happy with my shape, I went back on the perceptive extruded the shape, like I did with the base of the rowing machine. To get the length of the bar I simply got a cube and made it editable and scaled it down to X=26, Y=26 and Z=726. I then copied the bar which I just created and scaled it down again to make the end stopper as you can see in the photo. I scaled it down X=27.5, Y=31, and Z=15. To make the base of what the seat sits on, I copied and pasted the end stopper and scaled to make it bigger, X=40, Y=33 and Z=60. To get the hole to make the seat move, I went on the polygon tool and selected the end faces and deleted them and grouped the seat and the holder together. To make the base to what it holds I copied and pasted the one I did before for the base of the rowing machine.

To make the screen I simply  went on the cube object and scaled it to size X=67, Y=84.5 and Z=11, I then placed it onto the extruded part which we did before. I then got a image off the internet of a screen on an exercise machine and went on materials on cinema 4D. I then clicked on colour and went to texture and opened the picture I selected. I then placed the image onto the square.

No comments:

Post a Comment